Jon Gabriel wrote:

> >From: Erik Reuter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >To: Killer Bs Discussion <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >Subject: Re: [Humor] RE: Question Regarding Religion and Atheism
> >Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 18:19:24 -0400
> >
> >On Wed, Jun 25, 2003 at 04:11:41PM -0400, Jon Gabriel wrote:
> >
> > > Wait, if one bulb goes out, they all go out, no?  How'd they do that?
> > > Aren't those things linear circuits?
> >
> >You mean "wired in series".
>
> Yes.  Exactly.  For the life of me I couldn't remember the term, although I
> *could* see the circuit diagram in my minds eye.
>
> The cheapest ones are, and all of the older
> >ones I've seen. But in the past 5-10 years I've noticed places selling
> >strings wired in parallel.
> >

> About time they did that! :)

All of the ones we've owned since we got married (and we got some in
1991) were wired in parallel.  But if you pull a bulb *out*, all of them
go off.  Which can make decorating the tree with Star Trek starships
that plug into the light string interesting....

(Gee, I hope I put bulbs back everywhere that one of those ornaments was
this time.  One year I forgot, and was really annoyed at myself the next
year.)

        Julia