At 06:19 PM 6/25/03 -0400, Erik Reuter wrote:
On Wed, Jun 25, 2003 at 04:11:41PM -0400, Jon Gabriel wrote:

> Wait, if one bulb goes out, they all go out, no?  How'd they do that?
> Aren't those things linear circuits?

You mean "wired in series". The cheapest ones are, and all of the older
ones I've seen. But in the past 5-10 years I've noticed places selling
strings wired in parallel.

FWIW, all the ones I've seen since at least about 1970 have been wired in parallel so the whole string doesn't go dark when one bulb goes out, be they the ones which use the large screw-in bulbs or the ones which use the small push-in bulbs . . .

-- Ronn! :)

God bless America,
Land that I love!
Stand beside her, and guide her