----- Original Message -----
From: "Erik Reuter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Killer Bs Discussion" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, June 26, 2003 7:34 PM
Subject: Re: [Humor] RE: Question Regarding Religion and Atheism

> On Thu, Jun 26, 2003 at 07:25:06PM -0500, Robert Seeberger wrote:
>
> > But what manufacturer is going to go to such expense for an item such
> > as "christmas lights" which have little use the rest of the year.
> > (hence the occams razor comment)
>
> These things are available as a single chip solid-state DC power supply
> for just a few bucks. 20 years ago your comment would have made sense.

Sure Erik, but Christmas lights are AC and why would anyone use an expensive
(relatively) powersupply to do what a cheaper proven technology can do?

I own Christmas lights with a GFCI plug on the end and they were
inexpensive.

Let me make a prediction:
when the economies of scale bring the price down to something like "cheap",
manufacturers will make Christmas lights with AFCIs (arc fault circuit
interrupters) standard, even if it isn't required by law.
This would be a better solution than anything we have discussed so far.

xponent
I'm Dreaming Of A Fire Free Christmas Maru
rob