Unless a spider actively gets in my way, I pretty much
ignore them, although I am careful to leave those that
live in my houseplants free to catch mosquitoes and
gnats (I have both tiny web-spinners and the larger
'jumping' variety).  But they're really quite
fascinating animals, besides their web-spinning
capabilities.  This is more a schoolkids' site, but it
has info on different kinds of spinning glands, and
links to stuff like the complex mechanism that allows
the spider to 'throw off' sticky strands from her feet
(think what the Tandu might modify such structures
into!).

http://www.szgdocent.org/ff/f-ssilk.htm

So What Could Spider*Woman* Do With Her More Complex
Spinnerets? Maru  ;)