--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], Erik Reuter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 07, 2003 at 04:49:54AM -0500, Ronn!Blankenship wrote:
>
> > So agnostics are just as willing to find out if God exists as
they are
> > to find out that God does not exist?
>
> That is pretty much the definition, I thought.

In practice, I think that many, if not most, agnostics are
simply "honest atheists."   Since true atheism would require a matter
of faith - since a negative cannot be proved, many people who might
casually be thought of as "atheists" tend to self-characterize
themselves as "agnostic."  As such, I think a great many of self-
described agnostics strongly "lean" atheist.

JDG