All Australian banks have a code called the BSB code, which stands for
    Bank/State/Branch.

    We don't have routing numbers, though - what are they used for?

I suspect they are the same as your BSB code.

Each country is different; and sending money from overseas is more
complex still.

Here is what you do to send money to me electronically from outside
the US, from my `how-to' file.  This talks about routing numbers.

    Wire transfers to Robert J. Chassell
    ====================================

    My bank is:

        Lee Bank
        75 Park Street
        P. O. Box 627
        Lee, MA 01238-0627 USA
        tel: +1 413 243-0117
        tel: +1 800 843-4100
        fax: +1 413 243-4415

    However, my bank is small.  Wire transfers go through Fleet Bank, a
    big bank in Boston, MA, USA.

    Please instruct your bank to wire Fleet Bank which will then
    credit my bank, which is Lee Bank, which will credit my account:

        Fleet Bank, 28 State St., Boston, MA 02109, USA
        Fleet's routing number 011000138
        credit account at Fleet Bank for Lee Bank 0086605045

        for further credit to
        Robert J. Chassell account 1880005590
        Lee Bank's routing number 211870870

    (You may not need Lee Bank's routing number, but I have included it
    in case you do.)

    To ensure that I receive all the necessary information, please also
    mail a letter to me that tells me your name, address, and telephone
    number and the date and amount of the bank transfer.

    Thank you.

        Robert J. Chassell
        98A Golden Hill Rd.
        P. O. Box 221
        Lenox Dale, MA 01242-0221 USA

    ###

Please send money!  By doing this, you can convince yourself that this
method works, and that the money really does leave you and come to me.
Think of it as an investment in your learning!  :-)

    http://www.teak.cc                             [EMAIL PROTECTED]