--- Steve Sloan II <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Jon Gabriel wrote:
>
>  > I can't speak to that, but I did almost flunk art due to my
>  > color-blindness.  I think they should make exceptions due
>  > to disabilities.
>
> And I almost failed an elective class in typing that I took in
> junior high, because my fat fingers were too clumsy. She was
> very strict about counting typos against my grade. I just
> wanted to take the class so it could speed up typing programs
> into my computer, which doesn't require the kind of anal
> grading she gave. I eventually had to pull out of the class,
> to keep it from hurting my overall grade. I never did learn
> how to touch-type, and I currently use a two-fingered
> hunting-and-pecking style that works OK for me.

I don't know if it will help or not, but I had a simmilar experience with a
typing in colege, only the bad grades were from misspelling dictation. The
teacher couldn't tell the diffrerence between typos and misspellings, and
even if she did she wouldn't have cared.

I found games for which different keys activated a weapon to shoot at a "bad
guy" with the corosponding letter displyed on the graphic.

It started with the "home position" keys only, then the "upper" then "lower".
Then started gradualy mixing it up. As the game level went on more and more
of the keyboard was included.

I wish I could find that game and it's creators and in some way show my
gratitude.

=====