Chad Cooper said:
> So it occurs to me.... If I can only see 2 million LY, but Hubble can
> see 10 BILLION LY... I am seeing only 1/5000 of the distance seen by
> machine .... well.... the Universe just got a whole lot bigger to
> me...... I think I'll sit down now...

Just out of curiosity, do you usually write email standing up? ;-))

> Don't want to even think about how little of the total U I can see.....

I remember reading an article in _Astronomy_ that stated that Hubble had
imaged an area of the sky the width of a fingernail that contained an
astronomical(pun intended) number of galaxies. It is certainly
awe-inspiring.

Patrick

Patrick Schlichtenmyer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]