Jan Coffey wrote:

> No matter what laws get passed, no matter who can leagaly cary a gun and
> who
> can't Criminals will allways own and carry guns.

Right, and other criminals will always commit crimes, so why have any laws at
all?

> A much more interesting statistic would be the perentage of
> non-law-enforcement people who carry a conceled weapons who are also
> non-criminals.
>
> Personsly I would prefer there to be more non-criminals with concealed
> weapons than criminals with concealed weapons, but proponents of gun control
> laws seem to prefer it if ONLY criminals carry weapons.

At 07:28 PM 8/6/03 -0400, [EMAIL PROTECTED] answered:

No we don't. We don't want anyone to have a gun who doesn't have a good
reason to have one. [snip]

Nobody really needs a gun. [snip]

Guns are dangerous. Pure and simple. It may not be possible to get rid of
them entirely, but that should be our society's goal. Meanwhile, let's settle for
what limitations we can get.

IOW, you (pl.) say you don't "prefer it if ONLY criminals carry weapons", you (pl.) just want to change the law so everyone who carries a weapon is by definition a criminal . . .

As William James is reported to have said, "A difference which makes no difference is no difference at all."

-- Ronn! :)