Dan Minette wrote:

 >What I find troublesome with your position is that you seem to suggest
 >that there is an easy answer to the drug problem.

Don't worry, Doug, Dan insulting you in this way puts you in good
company. He has told me and several others that our ideas were
simplistic compared to his. That must mean that you are doing well!

 >As I stated before, drawing the line after instead of before grass
 >seems very reasonable.  But, I do think that the position that
 >legalizing the sale of all addictive drugs would result in a far worse
 >state of the nation than what we have now.

I agree completely. And we certainly shouldn't stop there. We all know
that religion has many effects on the brain that are equal to or worse
than drugs like cocaine or heroin. Religion certainly causes many people
to lose their rational thinking, religion is highly addictive, and
over the years, many many evil acts have been committed in the name
of religion. Now, drawing the line after Buddhism and Quakerism is
reasonable, I agree, but we definitely need to criminalize Christianity
and Islamism due to all the evil acts that have been committed over the
years in the names of those religions.

--
"Erik Reuter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>       http://www.erikreuter.net/