Chad Cooper wrote:

> I would agree. I find it very hard to find good sci-fi that strikes me in
> the same way as say Pournelle, Asimov, Heinlein, Poul or Niven (and more
> recently Brin :-)).

I think this is pure nonsense. Generations come, generations go. We
are all fans of a past generation of science fiction. Probably our kids
are shaping the next generation of science fiction, something that
might look as horrible to us as our science fiction looked to our parents.

I lost a quote that dealt with this phenomenon: someone was complaining
about the young people, with all complains that we heard our parents
say about us, and that we say about our kids. It was dated from
before Christ, IIRC.

Alberto Monteiro