On Wed, Sep 17, 2003 at 01:34:32PM -0000, Alberto Monteiro wrote:

> Erik Reuter wrote:
> >
> >You really need to give a better description of the problem if you want
> >relevant suggestions. Please explain exactly what you did and what error
> >messages you got.
> >
> If I knew exactly what is the problem, I would solve it :-P

I asked for a "description of the problem". In other words, what exactly
did you do and what did you intend to do, what happened, and what
messages did the computer display?

If you want relevant help with computer problems, you need to give
as much detail as possible about what you did and what the computer
did.  Your first message was quite vague and misleading...the most
reasonable reply to your first message would be "wipe the harddrive
and then install only Linux" since you strongly implied you don't want
Windows. We eventually managed to tease the details out of you, but if
you really want computer help, next time you should start by providing
the details.

> >Otherwise, since you said you don't have any important files, just
> >reinstall Windows XP (I think it will let you choose FAT32, and
> >delete the existing partition and create a new, small partition for
> >XP)
>
> I think I will have to do that. But I have no idea about how to do it.

The Windows XP installer isn't difficult. I just used it on a new
computer that got XP and Linux on it, so if you have any problems, just
post a detailed report and I'll be glad to help.

--
Erik Reuter   http://www.erikreuter.net/