Jon Gabriel wrote:

<snip>

> Please have patience!  Some of us are really busy and don't have time to
> read the list more than once a day or two!!!! :-)  Speaking personally,
I'm
> 300+ emails behind again and am truly thankful the list wasn't that busy
> while I was away last week.

I expect that some will take longer to answer than others, time permitting.
My beef was that the first answer (which I received very soon after I sent
my original) did not attempt to answer the question, but immediately
editorialized the SFBC.

> >I really expected some worthwhile comments about the trilogies since most
> >on
> >this list hold B5 in very high regard.  I'm starting to think this is the
> >David Brin Short Attention Span List.
>
> Well, the list was founded with the idea that.... I'm sorry, what were you
> saying?  (Just kidding!)  :-D
>
> Seriously, I think that'd be an accurate list subtitle.
>
> >P.S.  If I sound exasperated, I am.
>
> Sorry.  Some of us don't get to the list until 1:30 in the morning these
> days! :-)

Yeah, but your 1:30 AM is much later in the day for me in Korea.  I've been
here for 8 years and still forget the time difference sometimes.

> >P.P.S.  If you live overseas, there is no "opt-out" feature (drawback).
>
> Out of curiosity, does that mean you get a book a month whether you like
it
> or not?

Just the opposite.  I have to specifically order the "Featured Selection."
If I don't want them, I don't have to do anything.  That is one nice thing
the SFBC does; they recognize that 3rd and 4th class mail delivery takes a
looooong time to get to APO addresses.

George A