The Fool wrote:

> > > their keys,
> >
> > wouldn't work well if encased in a metal key, and if it is on the
> > surface it is easy to remove
>
> >From my experience they are keys with large black plastic encasings.
> Either way, they are required by the new cars to be able to start them.

        Yes, but "That's not a bug, it's a feature."  It makes the
cars harder to steal.  I don't mind the keys, but they are pricey
to replace.  And if it bugged me, I could always put the key in
a conducting bag like the one that came with the car's toll paying
tag.

> destroy by washing machines and dryers.  Or how about the printers that
> require specific brand ink cartridges that must have a chip from their
> own products to work (printer ink is 17 times more expensive than vintage
> champagne).

        I would not buy such a printer, and I think most people
wouldn't.  Don't worry about it too much, it's not a good business
model.  I know the printer manufacturers would love them, but it
would definitely cripple their sales.

                                        ---David