On Mon, Sep 29, 2003 at 10:04:43PM -0500, The Fool wrote:
> > From: Erik Reuter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >
> > On Mon, Sep 29, 2003 at 08:39:24PM -0500, The Fool wrote:
> > > You put the chips in their clothes,
> >
> > easy to scan and remove
>
> They can put them in riveted buttons, shoe soles, and the like such that
> you would have to damage your clothing in a significant way to remove it.

Of course not, Fool. They are small. Just replace the button, or cut a small
hole and remove the tag and replace the divet. Or don't buy clothes with
them.

> > > their money,
> >
> > money is not unique to the holder -- can't identify someone
>
> If all money is RFID'd then stores and banks, etc. will tie specific
> serial numbers to specific people.  They will also be able to work out
> associations based on who you do business with.

Of course not, Fool. Money changes hands.

> From my experience they are keys with large black plastic encasings.
> Either way, they are required by the new cars to be able to start
> them.

So don't buy a car with that requirement. Or take out the tag and leave
it in your car. It is really amazing how paranoia stifles thought and
creativity in people.

> > > their food packaging,
> >
> > majority of people will not have packaged food with them when you want
> > to identify them
>
> Lots of people carry around lunches, gum, cigarettes, candy bars, soda
> cans with them.

Some people, not a majority, and anyway how can that be used to accurately
identify someone, Fool? Do you know how RFID tags work? They are not
reprogrammable. Paranoia and ignorance are a tiresome mix.

> It's mandatory under U.S. law now to have GPS receivers in all new
> phones.  They don't allow you to use older phones with the phone
> networks.

US Law? Cite the law, please. And besides, YOU CAN TURN YOUR PHONE OFF,
Fool.

> And yet they are creating chips that can't be zapped in microwaves or
> destroy by washing machines and dryers.

So it is immune to 2.4GHz radiation, it can't be immune to all. Just get
a zapper at a different frequency, Fool.

>  Or how about the printers that require specific brand ink cartridges
> that must have a chip from their own products to work (printer ink is
> 17 times more expensive than vintage champagne).

How in the world could you be personally identified by an RFID chip
in your printer ink cartridge when you are walking around in a public
place, Fool?

Let's just hope that no one figures out how to implant a paranoia chip
secretly into people.

--
Erik Reuter   http://www.erikreuter.net/