On Friday, October 17, 2003, at 10:04 pm, Robert J. Chassell wrote:

Miller, Jeffrey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote

    ... I'm one of those freaks who can hear the sound quality
    difference between mp3s and cds; drives me nuts sometimes.

Just curious:  for you, what is the sound quality difference between
CDs and music recorded using the Ogg Vorbis format?  (I have been told
that ogg does better with classical than mp3 and about equal with pop,
but don't know whether that is true.)

In any case, what if the music is recorded a higher bit rate, say at
192 k rather than 128 k?  Also, does the variable bit rate used by ogg
make any difference?

That would depend on how golden your ears are :)

And what you're playing it through...

--
William T Goodall
Mail : [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons."
- Popular Mechanics, forecasting the relentless march of science, 1949