On Saturday, October 18, 2003, at 12:15 am, Andrew Crystall wrote:

On 17 Oct 2003 at 15:24, Miller, Jeffrey wrote:

as varied as Blackalicious (hip-hop) to Loreena McKennitt ("world") to
Lisa Loeb (pop). I've also found that much of the Bethoven and Grieg I
ripped onto my iPod share this... tonal wash-out.

That is largely to to the basic alogrythm the iPod uses to rip.

The iPod doesn't rip. It is a player - mp3, aac, aiff etc. The player hardware is of very high quality - suitable for driving external amplifier and speakers.

--
William T Goodall
Mail : [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Build a man a fire, and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life" - Terry Pratchett