http://audio.ciara.us/test/aac128test/results.html

"QuickTime is a clear winner, performing much better than the
competition. Sorenson Squeeze, Psytel AACenc and Nero are tied, with
Sorenson slightly higher than the others. Faac is clearly the worst."

Thanks for posting, but I don't really "Get it" obviously.  So just use a different
encoding codec or whatever, if you don't like iTunes -default- settings.

-j-