Erik Reuter wrote:
>Jim Sharkey wrote:
>> Even a place like DC that has a great public transportation
>>system in the Metro winds up with loads of traffic.
>In Jersey, there just aren't enough train lines to live next to
>unless you just want to commute to New York or Philly, in which
>case, I'd rather live in New York or Philly anyway!

That's understandable.  However, the desire to live in cities changes in many people
as they get older, get married, and raise children.  At that point, they have to go
somewhere.  And NJ is no worse a choice than Long Island, Westchester, and etc.  And
as Tom pointed out, those aren't convenient either.

You really can't compare a subway system to suburban rails anyway.  I don't see them
as the same animal.  Even the Metro, which I've already spoken well of, has limited
suburban stops.

Can anyone cite me an example of good public transportation *into* a metropolitan area?

Jim