At 03:57 PM 11/11/2003 -0500 Jon Gabriel wrote:
>She may very well be right, yet I found no evidence of any official
>statement condemning violence against anyone except unborn children anywhere
>on their very comprehensive website.  What's curious to me is that since
>(afaik) the NRLC is _the_ most prominent mainstream pro-life organization in
>the US, I would expect that such a stance *would* be prominently highlighted
>on their site.

In fairness, the last anti-abortionist violence was a long time ago.....
I'll check back the next time that issue is in the news.

Moreover, I would not *NOT* think that such a statement would be
prominently highlighted on their site.   I mean, it is nice that
priest-for-life has that statement highlighted, because it wins us kudos
from those people who only oppose killing already-born children - but it is
hardly necessary.    I don't think that the people who commit violence
against abortionists are going to be influenced by an official statement on
the NRTLC webpage.... and good luck finding any statement on the NRTLC
webpage that could be even remotely twisted as to be inciting violence.

This sounds a lot like the "seriousness of the charge"
school-of-indictment, which is in direct contrast to the "preponderance of
evidence" school of indictment that is the usual for free societies.

>As I said earlier, I wish more organizations would be so outspoken, whether
>their members feel that way or not.  They have a responsibility to speak out
>against those who pervert their ideals, you know?

No, I do not know, actually.   I think that it is very dangerous to hold
that these type of people create responsibilities.

JDG