> Reggie Bautista <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I replied:
> >>That depends on just how stale they are.  When we
> were cleaning out my
> >>parents' house after the tornado, we found a bag
> of marshmallows with an
> >>expiration date in the middle 1970's...
> >>
> >>Pretty Colors Maru
>
> Ronn! responded:
> >Did they start out as different colors?
>
> Sadly, no.
>
> Reggie Bautista
> Technicolor Terror Maru

For those who wish to provide future
gleaners-of-tornado-ravaged-houses with multicolored
marshmallows, stock your home with Peeps For All
Seasons:
http://www.marshmallowpeeps.com/index.html

Did you know that Peeps have participated in
atmospheric research?  Here is the NASA site:
http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2000/ast01apr_1m.htm
"...However, one fascinating and tragic aspect of the
story was not announced until now. The April 11 flight
included five brave passengers -- intrepid explorers
who never returned. Where they went, and how, remains
a mystery.

"Stowed away on the weather balloon sent aloft in
April 1999 were five tiny Peeps. How they got there is
controversial. Most of his colleagues think they were
smuggled on board by Bryan Walls, an irreverent member
of the launch team. However it happened, one thing is
clear -- these Peeps were not purchased with tax
dollars and NASA does not endorse these brightly
colored sweet treats!..."

Besides high-altitude testing, marshmallow bunnies
have been subjected to lasers, open flames, and
boiling water (be sure to check out the Wyle E. Coyote
test!):
http://www.keypad.org/bunnies/

Dissolving Into Silliness Maru  :)