On Sat, 15 Nov 2003, Erik Reuter wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 14, 2003 at 09:29:10PM -0600, Julia Thompson wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, 14 Nov 2003, Erik Reuter wrote:
>
> > > Have you ever met anyone who makes hot chocolate without SOME form
> > > of milk? Whole, 2%, skim, dry milk, something besides water? Darn
> > > ivory tower research! :-)
> >
> > I tried it once, actually.  I managed to drink half the mug's worth
> > I'd made.  I don't recommend it, but if anyone wants to find out
> > first-hand just why I wouldn't recommend it, go ahead, and then report
> > back to us. :)
>
> I'll stand on your research, thank you! Actually, I was thinking after I
> posted it that maybe some Atkin's diet people may do it. Too many carbs
> in milk, you know.

But they might use heavy whipping cream, more fat, fewer carbs.  :)

Then again, hot cocoa tends to be sweetened with sugar.  Unless they got
the diet version using an artificial sweetener, there would be all those
sugar carbs.

Wonder if the trick of using vanilla extract to sweeten the whipping cream
instead of sugar (which is a trick I use if I'm actually buying cream and
whipping it myself, as opposed to buying Redi-whip) would work on that?

        Julia

mind (at least, what's left of it) wandering...