Dan Minette wrote:

I said:

Sufficiently ambiguous. Evolution is my creator.

First, that wasn't Jefferson's idea. The idea of the enlightenment did not include the idea of human rights being a meme that evolved because it
worked.

Human rights didn't create me, the biological process called evolution created me. How could a meme create a biological being and why would you assume that I would think such a stupid thing. The word creator is sufficiently ambiguous to encompass any number of ideologies, religious or not. That's what I ment.

--
Doug

"It is too late in the day for men of sincerity to pretend they believe in the Platonic mysticisms that three are one, and one is three; and yet that the one is not three, and the three are not one . . . But this constitutes the craft, the power and the profit of the priests. Sweep away their gossamer fabrics of factitious religion, and they would catch no more flies. We should all then, like the Quakers, live without an order of priests, moralize for ourselves, follow the oracle of conscience, and say nothing about what no man can understand, nor therefore believe."

Jefferson letter to John Adams, 1813 _______________________________________________