You mean Fast Sunday?

No. Fast Sunday is the _first_ Sunday of the month. The fourth Sunday is traditionally Dry Council Sunday.

Why only the last Sunday of the month?

If there's a fifth Sunday in the month, something else happens.

http://www.hatrack.com/research/student-papers/porschet.shtml

"Card has won the Hugo and Nebula awards in 1986 for Ender's Game and in
1987 for its sequel,Speaker for the Dead. To this day he is the only author
to win these prestigious awards in two consecutive years. Card has lived in
California, Utah, and Arizona. He served a two year mission in Brazil for
the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Card is a very dedicated
member of the Mormon church and serves as a Sunday school teacher in his
ward. "

Last I knew, he was on the high council. Of course, it has been a while since I talked to him in person. I suppose I should read his web site more often . . .

(I did think about the possibility he had been released from that position when I wrote the earlier message . . . )

-- Ronn! :)