At 11:16 PM 1/2/04, Horn, John wrote:
Recently, in a fantasy RPG, our GM introduced a warrior race that I
found very interesting.  They were expert horsemen, human and
somewhat similar to the Mongols or the Huns.  What was unique about
them was that they road small horses, almost ponies, and had spears
attached to their saddles.

The GM said they were from a book he had read sometime back.
Unfortunately, he couldn't remember the name of the book (and/or
series).  To make matters worse, this particular GM is terrible at
pronouncing words (you should see how he mangles some of the names
in LOTR) and even worse at spelling.  He called them "Katians" but
couldn't remember if that was exactly right or how to spell it.

I'm hoping this just might ring a bell with someone on the list who
can point me in the right direction!

It seems very vaguely familiar, but only very vaguely . . .

And I'm Probably Wrong Maru

-- Ronn! :)