Travis wrote:
> King is a mediocre writer, who occasionally achieves a golden moment or
two.

You'll notice in my comment, I didn't say King was a good writer, just that
I often enjoy his books.  :-)  There's definitely a difference.  For me,
King's better books are a guilty pleasure.  (We won't talk about his
not-so-better books.)

So what other writers or books in science fiction, fantasy, or horror (or
heck, any genre) do people on the list like, even though they realize
they're not exactly top-notch stuff?  James P. Hogan comes to mind for me,
as well as Nancy McKenzie and Robin Wayne Bailey (IMO _Shadowdance_ is by
far his best novel, and qualifies for me as a non-guilty pleasure).

Reggie Bautista