A local author, Kenneth J. Harvey, who actually lives just down the road from me (Small-town Newfoundland) has been included in five "Best of 2003" lists for his latest novel titled "The Town That Forgot How To Breathe".

These lists include:

-Top 25 Fiction list for Amazon.ca
-CBC's Hot Type
-Harrowsmith Magazine
-January Magazine
-Halifax Herald

Harvey's book explores how outport Newfoundland is in danger of losing touch with it's past, and garners praise from Nobel Prize winning author, J.M. Coetzee, who called the novel "an eerie and gripping story, the work of an extravagantly haunted imagination."

-Travis "just thought this was cool since I know the man" Edmunds