From: "Miller, Jeffrey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Killer Bs Discussion" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: An interesting tidbit of information.
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 12:28:15 -0800

Hey, there's been some buzz here at AMZN US HQ about that book.. I really should read it.

It's supposed to be a Stephen King type book, which makes it kinda interesting (waiting for something from Robert<lol>), especially since I've heard through various sources that many of the characters are based upon people from the local town in which he and I live.

> Harvey's book explores how outport Newfoundland is in danger
> of losing touch
> with it's past,

Wasn't Newfoundland where the CA government cut off all the shipping of food supplies to in the 50's, or something? Some sort of economic embargo?

-j "the most famous author I know is Alison Bechdell, who really IS Moe" miller-

Ah.....not that I know of. Besides I don't think it would happen. Especially since we joined Canada (aka CONFEDERATION) in 1949.

-Travis " the population is a mild few hundred where I live" Edmunds