At 05:42 PM 1/11/2004 -0800 Deborah Harrell wrote:
>So, is this a disgruntled employee snapping at the
>folks who fired him?  Or is this former member of the
>Nixon and Ford admins blowing a whistle for good
>reason?

I think almost certainly the former.

The piece opens with O'Neill criticizing the way that Bush runs Cabinet
Meetings.   It sounds an awful like he just did not fit into the
operational culture of The White House, as there is a lot of evidence that
Bush's "CEO" style has managed conflicting ideas from his staff fairly well
in my mind.

At any rate, who cares about this stuff?    About the most damning claim
O'Neill has is that Bush actually had far more pre-planning for the war in
Iraq than we have previously none.   So, we are going to pillory Bush for
planning ahead?

JDG