> Robert Seeberger wrote:

Having seen the preparations being made here for The Super Bowl
(something like a 10 day event with parties and festivals and such),
and having seen the city prepare for other events of slightly lesser
import, it is my belief that the IOC was foolish and short sighted to
give the Summer Olympics to NYC.

Houston has the tallest building west of the Mississippi, and an
extensive underground tunnel system downtown (kind of like a mall that
goes on forever) connecting almost the entire business district.
Still...Houston is remarkably decentralized. There are several
clusters of buildings that visitors mistake for "The Downtown Area"
because the clusters are so large and the buildings so high.

rob

They don't pick the final city for the 2012 games until July 15, 2005. Do you mean Houston was one of the north American finalists to host the 2012 games? Ah, it was one of the four finalists along with SF and Wash. Well, someone has to win. I'd go with some regional un-bias and say it should have been SF, since Atlanta is in the east, but in the south also. Wonder if I can rent my house? It's only 3 hours from NY. I should have it remodeled by then.

Havana is one of the world-wide finalists. That's interesting. Others are Istanbul (TUR), Leipzig (GER), London (GBR), Madrid (ESP), Moscow (RUS), Paris (FRA), and Rio de Janeiro (BRA).

I liked Houston. I sometimes wish I'd have stayed down there, but there was no future in the position I had at the time. It was a little too flat but I'd get used to that. I was disturbed by whole communities that were empty from the oil bust. This was near Hobby and going towards Galevston.

Kevin T. - VRWC
I like my snow and mountains now.