At 07:58 PM 2/3/04, William T Goodall wrote:

On 4 Feb 2004, at 1:39 am, Ronn!Blankenship wrote:

At 07:11 PM 2/3/04, William T Goodall wrote:

On 4 Feb 2004, at 12:22 am, Damon Agretto wrote:
Have you also thought that the concept of Original Sin
is an allegorical to the inherent imperfection of
Human Beings? One of the Catholic interpretations of
this concept that I heard is that it demonstrates the
remoteness of humanity from God, and that Baptism is
meant to re-establish that link. I'm sure Catholics on
the list will chime up with this if they choose to do
so.

Try actually studying the material, and how the
established scholars, who make a career out of it,
interpret things, before making generalized statements

But studying the evil pernicious nonsense of religion could lead the weak-minded into evil!

Many cunning evil religionists have created great quantities of cunning evil religious sophistry for that purpose (they have no honesty or shame, being evil, and will commit any lie or logical fallacy to further their evil aims).

I think religious tracts should only be studied by forensic anthropologists, who can produce sanitized summaries of these poisonous memes for the general public.

"Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.

Thou shalt not kill.

Thou shalt not commit adultery.

Thou shalt not steal.

Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that [is] thy neighbour's." (Exodus 20:12-17, KJV)

"And the second [is] like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself." (Matthew 22:39, KJV)

"Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets." (Matthew 7:12, KJV)

"And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise." (Luke 6:31, KJV)

Poisonous memes, indeed.

Are you really that naive?

If those are poisonous memes and I don't recognize them as such, I guess so.

-- Ronn! :)