In a message dated 2/4/2004 1:10:55 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

If you are implying that I am a denier then you are so very wrong. My
point was solely that just becouse a subgroup does something wrong it
is not then justified to blame the whole group, and the group's
decendents.

I hope you are correct but if so your statement wa poorly phrase. I would
point out that there is a different scale of action here as well. If in fact some
Jews killed Jesus or conspired with the Romans to do it or did not try to
stop it that is different. I do not want to offend anyone but to the Jews of the
time Jesus was one man. If some jews did have culpability in his death they
did not think they were killing god. The holocaust is another matter. The
germans who did this (and there can be no doubt that the germans did this)
methodically carried out genecide. This was done within the context of german romantic
anti-semitism and european anti-semitism in general. In other words there was
a lot more guilt spread over a lot more people.

However, I will say that I believe it is unhealthy for a society to
remember and celebrate when somehting bad happens. If we were for
instance to mark the day of 9-11 as a solum holiday, make movies
about it for 70 years, and teach our children how we were wronged at
that time, we might breed a nation of anti-Arab, anti-Islamics who
were stuck in a cycle of their own victimization.

It is unhealty for a society to bury and ignore the bad things. One does not
have to take the lesson from 9/11 that arabs or muslims are bad. Only that
terrorism is bad and circumstances and creeds that breed terrorism are bad.

Sometimes forgeting (and forgiving) IS the choice with wisdom
Forgive yes, forget no
.