> So, going on the assumption that the Gospels are the best historical
> account we have of the events we are discussing, is it not ahistorical to
> simply skip over Matthew 27:20-25?  How would you suggest a film-maker
> handle that important portion of the story without making Jews nervous?

Not make the movie. Or not hide it from Jewish audiences once you've made it.
Or show the script widely to Jewish scholars before starting filming. Not
show the finished film only to extremly conservative Christian groups.

Basically, Gibson is acting like he's no clue just why them damn pesky Jews
are being so uppity about his little movie that poor little ol' defenseless
powerless little ol' him is fighting such powerful enemies to produce and
distribute. Either he doesn't understand, in which case where the hell's he been
since the Holocaust and the Crusades and all the rest, or he understands perfectly
and actually wants to show how evil us Jews really are.

Tom Beck

www.mercerjewishsingles.org

"I always knew I'd see the first man on the Moon. I never dreamed I'd see the
last." - Dr Jerry Pournelle