At 04:27 PM 2/17/2004, you wrote:

--- Dan Minette <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The only way for Democrats to win in the South is to
> win a good portion of
> these folks over.  This can be done by emphasizing
> the economic issues and

I basically agree with everything you wrote (I think -
I read it fairly quickly).  I think it's more than
just the South, though.  As a rule of thumb, outside
of party registration, the easiest way to find out how
a white person votes is to ask how often they go to
church.  More than once a month, and they
overwhelmingly vote Republican (African-Americans, of
course, are very devout and heavily Democratic).  Less
than once a month and they vote Democratic.  To first
order, that's the dominating factor -

Gautam Mukunda

I break all the rules. Higher than average intelligence; college graduate; non-religious, only go to church for weddings and funerals, at least five years since I've been in one. I only vote democratic if there is no republican on the ticket, or the candidate is very opposite of my views.

Kevin T. - VRWC
Breaking the law
---