From: "Robert Seeberger" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Killer Bs Discussion" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: This Is Spinal Ta-, er, Metallica
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 19:01:20 -0600

----- Original Message -----
From: "Travis Edmunds" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2004 10:36 AM

> > >From: "Robert Seeberger" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> > >Reply-To: Killer Bs Discussion <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> > >To: "Killer Bs Discussion" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> > >Subject: Re: This Is Spinal Ta-, er, Metallica > >Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 19:14:15 -0600 > > > >Highway Star and Communication > > > >Breakdown (Led Zep) are probably the two most important songs in > >the > > > >history of Metal. > > > > > > There must BE a Communication Breakdown here!! Do you honestly >mean > >that? > > > > > > >Absofreekinlutely........You have no idea how influential that one > >song was at the time. It spawned tonnes of music that were basicly > >attempts to capture the same energy and sound. > >It was one of those wierd phenamena where every garage band could > >sorta play the song, but very few could really capture the feel of the > >song itself > > I fail to see the importance of that song. I really do.

Yeah.....thats a fair assumption for *you* to make really. The song
has quite a bit of relavence historically and for those who lived
through those times.
But it is quite true that its relevance is mostly diminished with time
even though echoes of it can still be heard from time to time.

If it's relevance has diminished over time, then it can't be that important. As opposed to the likes of "Iron Man" or "Paranoid" of course, which have not faded in any way.

What
about some
> other Kansas tunes like "Glimpse Of Home", "Loner", or "The
Pinnacle"?

Good songs, but for those of us who lived through those times they
were MOS. Actually, this is where your POV is usefull because you can
see the groups whole catalogue simultaneously whereas we older folks
tend to view the same catalogue temporaly. Have you ever noticed this
effect where people like a bands first few albums immensely and their
later albums somewhat less so? Thats where we old folks are at a
disadvantage at least as far as decades old music is concerned.

I have noticed what you mention. I have a question however. Is change a static thing?

> >Supertramp
>
> Blah.

Ever try Crime Of The Century or Crisis What Crisis?

Actually no. But blah.

> >Rush
>
> Very solid band.

Way back when I hated Rush and Zepplin with a purple passion.
I was wrong.

Rush is not an easy band to get into. But when you do, the music speaks for itself.

> >Aerosmith
>
> One of the greatest Rock bandsever. Tyler is an amazing vocalist.

Joe Perry is one of the best at inventing guitar hooks. Really
oustanding at times.

Ok, Perry himself admits that he's not a "guitarists guitarist", but to brand him as "one of the best at inventing guitar hooks"...ah...no...

> >Lynard Skynard
>
> I love Skynard. Also seen them in 97. The bass player nearly spit on
me!

I hate Skynard, always have. Good band though.

Too country?

> >Horslips
>
> Heard of, I think, but never heard.

You like Tull?

I had a mind to look them up but I never. Seriously, I love Tull, but have never heard Horslips. Care to tell me a little?

I could go on like this forever you know!
<G>

xponent More Yes Coming Soon Maru rob

Me too. How about:

-Nazareth
-Steppenwolf
-April Wine
-Triumph
-New York Dolls
-Headpins
-Heart
-Judas Priest
-Wings
-Hendrix
-Joplin
-Doors
-Iggy + The stooges
-Styx
-J. Geils Band
-Rod Stewart
-Boston
-Iron Butterfly
-Scorpions
-Dokken
-Cheap Trick
-Sly & The Family Stone
-Ramones
-Sex Pistols
-Van Halen

-Travis "off the top of my head" Edmunds