ritu wrote:

> What does 'belly up to the bar' mean?

From context, I think it means going to the bar and paying for
your drinks -- in other words, paying up.

> And I am not sure what you mean by the rest of the sentence
> after that phrase either. Could you please elaborate?

He's claiming that US taxpayers pay hundreds of billions of dollars
a year to support the US military, which is necessary to keep world
politics stable. Without that stability, outsourcing would not be
possible. So, he's claiming that US citizens pay taxes to eliminate
their own jobs, while citizens of China and India benefit for free.
Steve Sloan ......... Huntsville, Alabama =========> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Brin-L list pages .............................. http://www.brin-l.org
Science Fiction-themed online store ..... http://www.sloan3d.com/store
Chmeee's 3D Objects .................... http://www.sloan3d.com/chmeee
3D and Drawing Galleries .................. http://www.sloansteady.com
Software ................ Science Fiction, Science, and Computer Links
Science fiction scans ......................... http://www.sloan3d.com