----- Original Message -----
From: "William T Goodall" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Killer Bs Discussion" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, March 04, 2004 10:01 PM
Subject: Re: Stirling engine queries

> On 5 Mar 2004, at 1:03 am, Nick Lidster wrote:
>
> > I can do it to 1024.. but to 1023 i have no idea
>
> Your fingers must have had a fencepost accident :)
>
> --
> William T Goodall
> Mail : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Web  : http://www.wtgab.demon.co.uk
> Blog : http://radio.weblogs.com/0111221/
>
> "It is our belief, however, that serious professional users will run
> out of things they can do with UNIX." - Ken Olsen, President of DEC,
> 1984.

no no... If i remeber my diagram, I excluded teh thumbs untill last,
although this has no real bearing on teh final outcome. You then use the
tips and all knuckles of your fingers, it breaks down something like:

16*4=64

64*4=256

now at this point you bring back the thumbs using the tips and first knucle,

256*4=1024

the way it is done is that you use your left hand as your counter, and your
right as the pointer using all points of reference that are used on the left
hand. doing that gives you 1024

nick "going number boggled" lidster