----- Original Message -----
From: "John D. Giorgis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Killer Bs Discussion" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, March 06, 2004 1:06 PM
Subject: Re: Race to the Bottom

> At 04:11 PM 3/2/2004 -0600 Dan Minette wrote:
> >> Clearly, the 90's were unusual.
> >
> >In some ways, but not in employment.  The job growth from '92 to '00 was
> >21%.  The average job growth over 8 years, since the '40-'48 comparison,
> >was 18%: higher than average, but not unusual.  The sixties saw far
higher
> >growth than this, peaking out over '61 to '69, with a 30% job growth.
Even
> >'72 to '80 saw better job growth than '92 to '00, at 23%.
>
> I'm sorry Dan, but I suspect that you could not find a single PhD
economist
> who would agree with your assertion that the 1990's were, quote, "not
> unusual in employment."

> This is what I mean about playing "fast and loose with the numbers."
> You toss a lot of numbers out here, and reach a conclusion that is the
> economic equivalent of "the world is only 15,000 years old" .     There
is
> simply no serious economist who agrees with you on this Dan.

Fine.  Give me the ecconomic equivalant of carbon dating.

Give me the ecconomic equivalant of the big bang theory...in particular I'd
like to see experimental conformation equivalant to the 4K background
radiation

Give me the ecconomic equivalant of the correlation between astrophysics
and particle physics.

Give me the ecconomic equivalant of the decay of uranium over the last few
billion years.

Give me the ecconomic equivalant of SR and GR

Give me the ecconomic equivalant of Newtons laws.

Give me the ecconomic equivalant of genes as an explaination of evolution

Give me the ecconomic equivalant of finding the mechanism that let the sun
shine for more than a couple of hundred of thousand years _after_ the
theory of evolution was developed requiring times much larger than this.

Give me the economic equivalent of the measured reversal of the earths
magnetic field.

Since economics is a science, and you've taken graduate courses in it, and
what I said is equivalent to the young earth theory, this should be a
trivial request...I expect you can give these numbers off the top of your
head.  I could give the physics equivalent off the top of my head  (well GR
would be a bit arm wavey but that's about it.)

Dan M.