> Travis Edmunds <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

<snippage>
> it still does not downplay in the least, the
> fact that SOME people find swearing offensive...

I find the use of common swear-words unimaginative and
quite unimpressive...and a couple _are_ offensive to
me, such that I simply deleted several posts without
reading.  :P

> For either people are for
> the most part ignoring this topic because they do
> not either care, or ... Perhaps
> they just want to avoid
> all this rather childish infighting...

Puerile.  Junior-high schoolyard-ish.
[Note that there is a difference between reflexively
typing f*** or a******, and coming up with scurrilous
insults that semi-fit the typer's conception of the
insultee.  At least in my book.  Besides, let's face
it: without eliminatory orifices we'd all be full of
feces, and without sexual reproduction we'd none of us
be here at all!  ;) ]

So *I* propose that "All insults of a personal nature
must be just that - personal.  Furthermore, primary
insult words of less than 3 syllables are
disqualified, unless they reflect the theme of the
particular insult.  Themes can be built around the
insulter or insultee's hobbies, sports, or profession,
etc.."

Example: Last week somebody trolled big-time; while I
ignored it on-line (as did 'most everyone, except for
a few noting "troll!"), I *thought* "What a remarkable
case of cranio-rectal dystocia!"  ;}

The possibilities are endless...golf insults, baseball
slurs, computer weenies, hair-ball pukers...  :)

Debbi
I'll See Your Parallel Prance, And Raise You A Kick
Threat Maru   U U                                    ;)