From: "Robert Seeberger" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Killer Bs Discussion" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Terrorists Win in Spain
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 18:48:13 -0600

----- Original Message -----
From: "Travis Edmunds" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, March 18, 2004 11:26 AM

But, in Canada disagreeing > with the Bush admin, there was certainly a backwash against us down south. > And I would be very interested in ANY American opinions on this. >

What I remember most about that backlash.....was the backlash against
the backlash where people remembered how well Canadians took care of
displaced Americans on 911 and several days after.
Canadian hospitality in the wake of a disaster is not and will not be
forgotten.

xponent
Our Differences Are Few Maru
rob

Ah shucks....<blushing>...it was the least we could do...

After all, it WAS your country that spawned Axl Rose. We HAVE to thank you for that.

But seriously though, regardless of the fact that we were hospitipal (common decency), we as Canadians (at least I think "we" applies) feel as if Americans, or those Americans who supported the Iraq war, look down on us for deciding not to go in. And what I'm driving at here, is what exactly do you Americans think of our decision? I don't care about political strife between the politicians on both sides of the border. I can see that on the evening news. However, I do care about the "average" American's outlook. For there is this tendancy in Americans, to see things as an American.(Go figure!!) Just as I see things as a Canadian. And we, as Canadians get the feeling that there is a bold yet subtle implication of "you're either with us or against us". And excuse me for saying so, but that is so American of you. At the same time though, a policy like that, a hard-ass policy, is almost needed. But it's quite arrogant, all the same.

Anyway, does it exist? Is it the majority view? Is the White House really black? If so, then shouldn't they call it the Black House?

-Travis "Freedom Fries" Edmunds