At 10:39 AM 4/4/04, Tom Beck wrote:
http://www.nytimes.com/2004/04/04/national/04WAGE.html?hp

Altering of Worker Time Cards Spurs Growing Number of Suits

As a former member of the Air Force military police, as a
play-by-the-rules guy, Drew Pooters said he was stunned by what he
found his manager doing in the Toys "R" Us store in Albuquerque.

Inside a cramped office, he said, his manager was sitting at a computer
and altering workers' time records, secretly deleting hours to cut
their paychecks and fatten his store's bottom line.

"I told him, `That's not exactly legal,' " said Mr. Pooters, who ran
the store's electronics department. "Then he out-and-out threatened me
not to talk about what I saw."

Mr. Pooters quit, landing a job in 2002 managing a Family Dollar store,
one of 5,100 in that discount chain. Top managers there ordered him not
to let employees' total hours exceed a certain amount each week, and
one day, he said, his district manager told him to use a trick to cut
payroll: delete some employee hours electronically.

"I told her, `I'm not going to get involved in this,' " Mr. Pooters
recalled, saying that when he refused, the district manager erased the
hours herself.

Experts on compensation say that the illegal doctoring of hourly
employees' time records is far more prevalent than most Americans
believe. The practice, commonly called shaving time, is easily done and
hard to detect — a simple matter of computer keystrokes — and has
spurred a growing number of lawsuits and settlements against a wide
range of businesses.

Workers have sued Family Dollar and Pep Boys, the auto parts and repair
chain, accusing managers of deleting hours. A jury found that Taco Bell
managers in Oregon had routinely erased workers' time. More than a
dozen former Wal-Mart employees said in interviews and depositions that
managers had altered time records to shortchange employees. The
Department of Labor recently reached two back-pay settlements with
Kinko's photocopy centers, totaling $56,600, after finding that
managers in Ithaca, N.Y., and Hyannis, Mass., had erased time for 13
employees.

And George Bush is involved in/responsible for this how?

Not Snipped So You Can Point Out Exactly Where In The Article I Missed It Maru

-- Ronn! :)