Andrew, apologizating:

> Yea, you are right. Sorry..
>
> Must have been something I watched over dinner.

One of the most enduring and archetypal of human behaviors is the hollow
apology. Perhaps someone here who understands evolutionary psychology can
explain the genesis of this phenomenon better than I. Maybe it comes from
orangutangs forced to bow to the alpha male who cower and then fling feces
at his back as he goes off to mount their woman.

In any case, anyone who apologizes and then makes a flip remark, appends the
word but to their apology, says, Now there's something I need you to listen
to, or frames their apology with, If I did/I said/you took it...is full of
shit.

The way humans apologize is to say I'm sorry, I was wrong. And then shut up.