From: Mike Lee [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

>Andrew, apologizating:

>> Yea, you are right. Sorry..
>>
>> Must have been something I watched over dinner.

>One of the most enduring and archetypal of human behaviors is the hollow
>apology. Perhaps someone here who understands evolutionary psychology can
>explain the genesis of this phenomenon better than I. Maybe it comes from
>orangutangs forced to bow to the alpha male who cower and then fling feces
>at his back as he goes off to mount their woman.

>In any case, anyone who apologizes and then makes a flip remark, appends the
>word but to their apology, says, Now there's something I need you to listen
>to, or frames their apology with, If I did/I said/you took it...is full of
>shit.

>The way humans apologize is to say I'm sorry, I was wrong. And then shut up.

Mike, I am going to avoid commenting on the substance of this, as it would
probably result in an amusing, perhaps even cathartic, but ultimately unprepossessing
public debate that this list already has an abundance of.

I should not really be replying, but the verbose and witty way you called me an ape
was
amusing, and for that I compliment you.

Andrew

Enjoy My Women Maru