>I didn't know that about the Ukrainian division, >interesting.

Now that I'm home (I posted the former message from work) I was able to look
at my references. Some of my figures were off: 100,000 volunteers turned out
for the division in April 1943; some 30,000 were found fit for service.
After training it was returned to its area of recruitment (now as the 14.
SS-Freiwilligen-Division "Galizien") and was decimated in the Brody-Tarnow
pocket, desperately trying to stem the Soviet advance. Having lost some
11,000 troops, they ceased to be a functioning combat unit and never fought
again.

Source: Stein, George H. _Hitler's Elite Guard at War: The Waffen-SS,
1939-1945.

Damon.