On Tue, 11 May 2004 19:58:26 -0500, Robert Seeberger
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
...> http://apnews.myway.com/article/20040511/D82GL8V00.html
http://pennlive.com/newsflash/pa/index.ssf?/base/news-16/108430077760820.xml

> The family of an American civilian shown beheaded on an Islamic
> militant Web site huddled in in tears Tuesday after learning of the
> existence of the graphic videotape.

Michael Berg lashed out at the U.S. military and Bush administration,
saying his son might still be alive had he not been detained by U.S.
officials in Iraq without being charged and without access to a
lawyer.

Michael Berg said he blamed the U.S. government for creating
circumstances that led to his son's death. He said if his son hadn't
been detained for so long, he might have been able to leave the
country before the violence worsened.

"I think a lot of people are fed up with the lack of civil rights this
thing has caused," he said. "I don't think this administration is
committed to democracy."

Also NPR has a conversation:
http://here-now.org/shows/2004/05/20040511_6.asp

Beheading video is online but I don't feel like posting the link.

Prayers and sympathy are due the Berg family.