> Robert Seeberger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > From: "Deborah Harrell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > > William T Goodall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > > http://www.tricklefan.com/southern/test.html

> > Debbi
> > Luv Dem Crawfish, But Pass On Dos Chitlins! Maru

> Chitlins are good! So's oxtail soup, tripe, and
> collard greens.

<shudders violently at even the *thought* of tripe>
Greens (collard, mustard, turnip) are especially good
when flavored with bacon grease... :D

> How bout fried ocra? Or a tomater with a salt
shaker?

Fried okra is good, as is okra stewed with tomatoes or
baked with eggplant.  Unless it's a home-grown tomato,
I won't eat it raw; but one of my favorite summer
dishes to make is tabouli with home-grown tomatoes and
cucumbers (add chick peas and sesame seeds for extra
taste and texture)

> Peanut butter and banana sandwich?

<grin>  Been a while since I had one of those!

> Fried sweet taters?

Mmmm, sweet taters fried, baked, roasted, candied or
cooked in with just about anything...

> Thanksgiving is not complete without cornbread
> dressing and barbeque is made from beef!<G>

Uhm, I'm not _that_ Southern...my mom being a Yankee,
there is definitely no BBQ at Thanksgiving!

Debbi
who will be eating Cajun food at a charity event next
Saturday (and reading tarot fortunes as an additional
fundraiser -- gotta review the cards this week!)