It is rare to find such a thorough debunking of another statistician's
report in an official document.  Dr. Lott is thoroughly exposed as a
lying,  incompetent, partisan  boob.

http://www.usccr.gov/pubs/vote2000/report/appendix/app10.htm

This was not the first time Dr. Lott has been exposed.  His book "More
Guns, Less Crime" immediately made him a darling of the GOP right and
earns him a lucretive position on one of those tax-free conservative
think tanks.  The problem is that analysis has been debunked several
times and Lott, after changing his story several times over the years,
can now can produce no survey data, or even evidence that a survey
even took place, to support his main claims.

http://slate.msn.com/id/2078084/

He was also exposed by a fellow conservative and blogger for creating
a female online persona to fawn admiration on himself and swiftly
attack any criticism of his work.  And then exposed as either writing
or having his 13-year old son write a glowing review of his book.

http://www.plastic.com/article.html;sid=03/02/04/16500296;mode=nested

The reward for this dishonesty and incompetence?  A prominent place as
a leading conservative commentator.

http://www.tsra.com/LottPage.htm

However, how nerdy is it I find amusement in reading about faulty SPSS models?

Probably about as nerdy as my fascination with "Who is the sexiest
female sci-fi character of all time?"

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30500-13185278,00.html

Gary
#2 on google for liberal news