At 11:27 AM 9/8/2004 -0400 Robert J. Chassell wrote:
>I did not misunderstand him or mistype; he was very clear.  But he may
>be wrong.

What I have always been taught is based on the following excerpt from the
Catholic Catechism:

1377 The Eucharistic presence of Christ begins at the moment of the
consecration and endures as long as the Eucharistic species subsist. Christ
is present whole and entire in each of the species and whole and entire in
each of their parts, in such a way that the breaking of the bread does not
divide Christ.

For this reason, it is not necessary to receive Communion under both species.

JDG