--- Dan Minette answered:
> > So?    Bush got a higher percentage than Clinton
> did in 1992.....

with:

> The point is that he got less than Gore did in 2000.
> More people wanted
> Clinton than wanted either Bush or Perot.  Fewer
> people wanted Bush than
> wanted Gore.

ALSO ! Perot's voters split pretty evenly as to who
would be their second choice, if we had a sensible
preferential ballot.

But nearly ALL of Naders' voters polled as utterly
despising all Bush policies while merely thinking Gore
too compromising with business interests.  ALL would
have second choiced Gore.

W ENTERED OFFICE WITH A CLEAR MAJORITY HAVING VOTED
AGAINST HIS PROGRAM.  Yet, he proceeded NOT to reach
out, but to declare a MANDATE.  Never ever meeting
with opponents.  Never reading any news but what's
pre-digested by his handlers.  Never reading books.
Holding 1/10 as many news conferences as ANY other president....