On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 17:15:09 -0400, John D. Giorgis
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> At 01:46 PM 10/11/2004 -0700 David Brin wrote:
> >> And the point is,a higher percentage of Americans
> >> were happy with the
> >> outcome of the 2000 elections than the 1992
> >> elections.
> >
> >Typically and utterly and diametrically opposite to
> >the truth.
>
> In what way?
>
> Bush 2000 - 47.87%
>
> Clinton 1992 - 43.01%

Typically meaningless - Clinton had by far the highest percentage of
vote of the candidates.  Clinton governed centrist, a major criticism
of the GOP was that he kept stealing their programs,  and Perot
supporters were split on which of the two major candidates was their
second choice.  - Gore had the highest percentage of the vote but was
not elected President.  Bush after promising to govern in a modest
bi-partisan manner governed hard-right and supported the GOP back room
deals that have removed any input from the Democratic party.

Doesn't matter, as voters see the two candidates side by side they are
making their decisions.  My Christian GOP-leaning upper-income sister
after watching the two debates has decided to vote for Kerry rather
than the angry elitist candidate who can't admit he has made mistakes.
.
Of course, she is probably basing this on Kerry being taller and looks
more presidential.

Gary Denton
#2 on google for liberal news
"I don't try harder"